Although our standard size corsets are designed to fit as many people as possible, we are all unique and many people will require or want made to measure sizing. Ordering a made to measure corset will ensure that your corset fits you absolutely perfectly. If you are looking for a male corset, are transgender or a cross dresser, you will also require a made to measure corset. Please follow our made to measure corset measuring guide carefully and always measure at least twice! Before processing your order, your measurements will be checked by us and confirmed with you. If any of your measurements appear out of the ordinary, we will discuss them with you before proceeding.
How to measure yourself for your made to measure or bespoke corset:
You will need a fabric measuring tape and something to tie around your waist; such as a string or a thin belt, no wider than ¾”. If possible, have a friend help you with your measurements; or have yourself measured by a professional at a dress shop or bra fitting shop.
Please complete each measurement at least twice, just to be sure. Wear something thin, not too tight or too loose fitting, such as a tank top and leggings. If you normally wear a bra, wear a light, unpadded bra only. If you are transgender or a cross dresser, please wear the bra and padding that you would normally wear. If you are measuring yourself, be sure to watch yourself carefully in a mirror. When completing the horizontal measurements, it is very important that you always keep the measuring tape level around your body. Allowing the measuring tape to droop will result in an inaccurate measurement. When measuring, pull the tape just enough so that the tape does not droop; but not so hard that the tape is cutting into your skin. Write your measurements down as you go.
Please refer to the 2 Made to Measure Measurement Guide diagrams and measure in the following order:
1. Bust – Keeping the measuring tape level all the way around, measure the largest point of your bust, across the nipples. Not applicable if you are purchasing an Underbust or Waist Cincher style.
2. Under Bust – Measure straight around your ribcage, just under your bust.
3. Waist – Measure straight around the smallest part of your waist, approximately 1” up from your navel.
At this point, please tie the string or buckle the belt around your waist, at the same place that was just measured. Make sure that it is snug and level all the way around.
4. High Hip – Measure from your waist (marked with your string or belt), down 4”. Then measure straight around, again keeping your measuring tape level.
5. Hip – Measure straight around your hips, where your hips are the fullest. This will be approximately 8” down from your waist.
6. Under Bust to Waist – Measure from right under your bust, down to your waist. Not necessary for Over Bust styles.
7. Bust to Waist – Measure from your nipple, down to your waist. Not necessary for Under Bust styles.
8. Waist to Hip Bone – Measure from your waist, down to the top of your hip bone (the point at which it protrudes the most).
9. Armpit to Waist – Measure from your armpit down to your waist.
10. Waist to Corset Bottom – At your center front, measure from your waist down to where you would like the bottom of your corset to sit. Check this measurement while standing as well as while sitting upright (no slouching) in a chair. You want to make sure that you will be able to sit properly in your corset.
11. Waist to Corset Top Edge – For Over Bust styles only. Measure from your waist, over your nipple, to where you would like the top edge of your corset to sit.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding sizing.